Monday, September 9, 2013

How a Mason Jar Lid Saved Bathtime


We have a little toddler in our house who trots off with important items from time to time.  Phones, toilet plungers, and bathtub stoppers seem particularly appealing. A rubber stopper is the easiest to hide of these three favorites, and also the most essential for bath time.

As you might guess, the stopper went missing recently, but kids still needed bathing.  So I thought about what I could use as a makeshift substitute.  Trying a rubber glove ended in failure.  But then I came up with a solution that worked surprisingly well.  An old mason jar lid (minus the ring).  The rubber seal fit our drain hole perfectly.

So, if your bathtub stopper ever goes MIA, just try a mason jar lid and see if it works for you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Liebster Award here: http://thejollybeetroot.wordpress.com/2013/11/30/liebster-award-nomination/

I love all your handy hints and definitely think you deserve this (Sorry if you've already been nominated, I'm still new at all this!) x

Unknown said...

Omg I've been looking for a fix for hrs... I'm sick and need a bath so bad. I tried the Mason jar lid earlier but not the right way omg thank you so much. How did u come across this idea?

Anonymous said...

There are many sensors that have been made ​​by the businessmen in the market from the beginning to the present. They have started to set one up. Magic Mushroom Chocolates